The Automotive Quality Specialist is responsible for leading and monitoring all quality-related activities, supporting other Incodel personnel by acting as a liaison in matters regarding Customer compliance/standards, policy application, employee relations, and continuous improvement related to the department functions.
- Promote INCODEL's commitment to QUALITY by organizing and implementing all quality systems and policies to meet Incodel standards, customer standards (especially Ford Motor) and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Develop the Quality Program including policies/procedures, standards, training requirements, etc.
- Develop, organize, and implement all Quality System requirements for existing product lines, quality improvements, engineering changes, and new product launches.
- Participate in engineering design reviews.
- Ensure appropriate Quality representation at customer locations to effectively meet issue response requirements.
- Develop PFMEAs & control plans for pre-production phases including prototypes.
- Write Work Instructions, as applicable.
- Perform capability studies and PV testing, as required.
- Negotiate key characteristics (process & product) with customers.
- Develop checking fixtures and inspection techniques in conjunction with all APQP procedures.
- Perform all aspects of PPAP.
- Provide Training to all Production and Quality personnel for product development and inspection requirements, etc.
- Liaison with production, engineering, and customers to initiate, investigate and resolve non-conforming product using effective preventative and corrective action in a timely manner.
- Post-secondary education of either a college degree in Engineering or a College certificate in Engineering Technology or Manufacturing Technologies, or 10+ years work experience in the Quality field
- OEM STA or SQE experience preferred
- Automotive experience required
- Must possess knowledge of and/or experience implementing ISO / IATF 16949-type procedures.
- Must have Quality training and experience in GD&T, 8-D, Customer Quality Standards, APQP, PPAP, FMEA’s, Control Plans, and Statistics.
- Must have demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis using various problem-solving techniques